Finding Right ERP Vendor In Malaysia
ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) forms the core of any successful business operations. As there is no one-size fit all approach in Malaysia, the process of exploring, evaluating and deploying an ERP system becomes paramount especially for the local SMEs that are new to it. The ERP selection criteria is not limited purely by the product itself, but is a combination of both a solid product and the consultancy services that comes accompanied with it. Hence, a combination of the right people and the right product paves the way to successful ERP deployments.
Main Consideration Factors includes :
What Is The Track Record of the ERP Software Vendor Malaysia ?
You need to do some basic background check for the ERP software and the ERP vendor, such as:
– How long the vendor has been established?
– How long the ERP software has been in the market ?
– The size and types of the vendor’s customer base?
– How many of the customers are using the ERP software ?
– The quality of support provided by the vendor to existing customers?
Any Experience of the ERP Vendor Team ?
The strength and experience of the vendor’s consultancy team is one of the critical success factor for the ERP. Local Malaysian ERP consultants may understand the local requirements better than overseas ERP consultant, it helps to minimize communication and language barriers as well as culture conflict when implementing ERP.
What Are The ERP System Functionalities ?
– ERP needs to strike a balance between the requirements of both the top management and working level individuals.
– The ERP System readiness in compliance with Malaysia regulatory requirements such as SST.
– Integrated suite consisting of complete Financial, Inventory, Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing & Reporting modules.
How Does The ERP System Implement Customization ?
In General, customization of ERP source codes usually increases stability risks and local support issues. Therefore in case of ERP customization, It is recommend to customize as “Add-on” module. Add-ons may be built without altering the source code to enhance the standard modules while maintaining stability of the standard system.
How Is The ERP System Integration?
The ERP system of choice must be equipped with solid integration and database platform. It should support ease of integration to third party data sources. ERP should be the centralized decision-making platform with data pooled from multiple external and internal sources. This forms the key criteria towards realizing Industry 4.0.
What Is The Future Direction Of The ERP Software ?
– Whether the system is able to scale and cater for future expansions or changes in any business processes in Malaysia?
– Does the ERP principal have clear roadmaps of the system’s future direction especially with the emergence of Industry 4.0 transformation?
– Does the ERP principal release consistent version upgrades and future enhancements?